Monday, August 11, 2014

Love Letter by Pietro Antonio Rotari at the Norton Simon Museum of Art & an Aphrodite Venus Goddess Website Update

This is a piece that I love at the Norton Simon Museum of Art.  By Pietro Antonio Rotari, a very highly successful artist of his day, I feel that this piece has such charm.  "Young Girl Writing a Love Letter" has such a sweet feeling.  These days I think letters on paper are fairly rare, but I think they are wonderful!

Young Girl Writing a Love Letter by Pietro Antonio Rotari

I am linking this post with Inspire Me Monday


Ocean Born Original Painting NFS
Open Edition 5"x7" Giclee Prints & Limited Edition Giclee ACEO Prints Here


"Ocean Born" is a goddess of love.  Born of the ocean, the Greek goddess Aphrodite, also known to the Romans as Venus, has long flowing hair and a golden corset.  She has big green eyes.  The original is not for sale, but I do have her available as prints and ACEOs!

Every week on Tuesday, I try to list a small original, some giclee art prints, and giclee LE ACEO prints at promotional prices. Visit here to see what I have available this week!

9 comments:

Christine said...

dreamy romantic art piece. And lovely goddess!

Pam said...

Ocean Born is lovely. Her eyes have such a mystical feel.

Margie said...

I love that painting by Rotari ... I still write letters once in a while and so love getting one in the mail ...
Oh my, your goddess is so beautiful ... her eyes are amazing , another lovely work, Lisa.. Bravo!

Leovi said...

I love your inspiration, interesting their goddess of the sea, very beautiful!

Out of Sight L said...

She is so beautiful, Iwould want to be of the Sea, oh beautiful Lisa Isabella, yes i miss getting letters in the mail, or card, better yet presents lol I got a beautiful one yesterday, it's in front of me and melts my heart, thank you, so much! xxx

Camila Rafaela Felippi said...

Your inspiration was amazing! Beautiful blonde girl, like a princess, but without the crown.
I would like to visit an art museum, but when I live there isn't art museum ): I would like to visit one in São Paulo, but it's so far ):

Camila Rafaela Felippi said...

where I live*

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very very much!

Camila, I feel so fortunate to be relatively near to museums, I'm glad you enjoyed the paintings!

I'm so glad to hear of the safe arrival of "To Fly or Not to Fly" Lorraine!

Magic Love Crow said...

This Love letter painting is gorgeous! I would love a hand written love letter ;o) That would be so special!
Your painting is stunning Lisa! She is so pretty ;o)
Big Hugs ;o)