Saturday, August 2, 2014

The Big Eyes of My Original Mermaid with Seahorses Painting Work in Progress...



Here is a work in progress view of my mermaid with her seahorse friends painting.  I've completed her big blue eyes.  I'm experimenting with painting on panel right now, in some ways I like it better than working on canvas, in other ways I miss the canvas.  I'm also going to put some gesso on some of the canvases I have and see how I like that.  I think the hot weather makes it an excellent time for doing that!

5 comments:

Christine said...

beautiful blue eyes, interesting that you prefer panel to canvas.

Out of Sight L said...

Her eyes are mesmerizing....everything you do, you do with such love, ah Lisa Isabella, all artists should be full of love, what a world it would be!

Lisabella Russo said...

Aww, thanks so much Christine and Lorraine, you are so wonderful. I haven't decided yet if I prefer panel to canvas, some things are better in one than the other, but I'm very new to painting on panel without canvas...

Magic Love Crow said...

Her eyes are calling to me! Wow Lisa!!
I started using gesso last year and love it! I have never painted on panels.
Big Hugs ;o)

Margie said...

Missed this one.
Oh my, her eyes are amazing.