Wednesday, April 19, 2017

My Iris Painting Framed for El Festival de las Flores at the Neutra Institute Gallery & Museum Show! Art Sketch of a Big Eye Fairy Angel, April 19 Daily Sketches...



This is my framed iris painting that was accepted to El Festival de las Flores at the Neutra Institute Gallery & Museum!  It is an 8"x10" oil painting on panel titled "Variegated Bliss."  I forgot to measure the frame before I dropped it off yesterday, but I'll try to get the measurements when I go to the opening on Saturday.  I'm not sure exactly when I'll be there, probably towards the end though.  I'll also try to take some photographs while I'm there so that if you can't make it to the show, you'll still get to see some of the art.  I love to paint and view flower paintings!

Opening reception
Saturday, April 22 at 6 PM - 10 PM
Dulce Stein Presents at The Neutra
2379 Glendale Blvd 
Los Angeles, CA  90039
(323) 247-7113 

The closing reception will be Sunday May 7th from 6-9 PM. 
Additional viewing days are by appointment, please contact me if you're interested in setting up a visit and I'll put you in touch with the curator.  There will also be some special events during the run of the show, I'll update you as I know more...

The opening reception event information is here.

=================================================


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She has a mischevous expression...  I think she is most likely a fairy angel, although she could also be a goddess or a mermaid.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.  


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in April.  This is day 19.

This is a rough sketch.  You may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.  

11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Your iris is wonderful, love the colours, and congrats on taking part in another exhibition, great sketch, too. Hugs, Valerie

Lowcarb team member said...

Your framed iris painting is wonderful.
I like your sketch too.

All the best Jan

Christine said...

Your exhibit painting is lovely! Good luck with this! And your maiden is so cute today.

Jennifer Rose said...

the iris looks very pretty in the frame :) and congrats on having it excepted into a show :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your acceptance. One more step...

DVArtist said...

OMGosh Lisa this is seriously breath taking. That frame sets it off perfectly. It is so rich. Well done my friend.

Lux G. said...

Beautiful work of art.

JFM said...

Your Iris is a stunningly gorgeous painting Lisa!!! Congratulations on being accepted and best wishes!!!
Your new maiden has such hypnotic eyes...wow!!!

Hugs~

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you most kindly Valerie-Jael, Jan, Christine, Jennifer, Martin, Nicole, Lux, and Jan!

Magic Love Crow said...

Congrats on the show Lisa! Your painting is so beautiful! I wish I could go! I love your sketch! She is so cute!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Stacy! It would be wonderful to meet you...