Saturday, April 8, 2017

Sketchbook West Las Laguna Gallery Show Opening, Paintings & Sketchbooks!


Me (artist Lisa Isabella Russo) with my painting "Full of Woe" above me and "Waiting" by Jennifer Kimberly Carberry Landis to the right

edit: here is one of the sketches that correlates to her by me (Lisa Isabella Russo)

I went to the Sketchbook West Exhibition at Las Laguna Gallery opening!  The people there were extremely nice and I enjoyed my visit greatly.  My Wednesday Addams inspired painting "Full of Woe" was selected to be featured at the Sketchbook West Las Laguna Gallery Show.  There are two corresponding sketches in my tiny sketchbook that measures 3.5x5.5 inches.  The sketchbook is displayed at the Sketchbook West Exhibition along with the sketchbooks of additional artists.  I've picked some of my favorites of the paintings and some of the sketches by some of the artists to share here, but I didn't see anywhere near all of the sketchbooks.  There were so many sketchbooks, each unique and wonderful.

They scanned in all of the sketchbook images and had them rotating and displayed on this screen!

by Kat Green

by Kim Anetsberger

by Kymberly Bednar

by Kymberly Bednar

by Susie Xiong

by Susie Xiong

by Bailey Berendsen

by Bailey Berendsen

by Lisa Long

by Kim Johnson

by Gilles Boenisch

by Sebastian Carlo Moreno

by Betsy Duzan

See these and more at the Las Laguna Gallery!
Sketchbook West
Exhibition runs: April 6 to April 28, 2017

Las Laguna Gallery
577 S Coast Hwy - Unit A-1
Laguna Beach, CA 92651
949-667-1803
They have additional information about directions and parking here.

Winter Hours
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday- 11am - 5 pm
Closed Wednesday
Thursday, Friday, Saturday - 11am-7pm

Note: The gallery is closed during inclement weather including rain or high winds.
E-mail Address: laslagunagallery@gmail.com


Whilst I have continued to sketch daily, I spent my time getting this ready and haven't had a chance to prep my sketches yet for today and yesterday.  I'll try to get caught up on posting my daily sketches tomorrow.

10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely photo of you with your painting. Glad you had such a great time there, and thanks for sharing some of the wonderful art you saw there. It must be exciting to be part of such an exhibition. Enjoy your weekend, hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

You look lovely with your painting! I wondered how they would show the sketchbooks, fantastic exhibition!

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely to see the photograph of you with your painting.
Looks a great exhibition.

All the best Jan

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing this moment

JFM said...

Lisa, I love your photo of you and your painting...so pretty.
Wonderful artwork was shown and you were a part of this...congratulations again, you deserved this honor~

Hugs~

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Valerie-Jael, Christine, Jan, Martin, and Jan!

Jennifer Rose said...

nice photo of you and happy you made it to the show opening :)

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Jennifer!

Magic Love Crow said...

What a beautiful post Lisa! Thanks so much for sharing the exhibition!! Love seeing you! Big Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you most kindly Stacy!