Monday, April 10, 2017

WIP Big Eye Fairy Angel Waterlily Art Original Painting Work in Progress + April Sketches, Sketch 10, Peony Flower



In this original work in progress WIP big eye maiden painting I've blocked in her dress and worked on some details of her features.  This is a very mini update, my time has been a little scattered lately...  I am looking forward to starting on her hair, then I'll revisit some of the shading of her dress and perhaps her face.  This fairytale angel fairy with water lilies in her hair will be Snow White when she's complete.

This big eyed beauty is on an 8"x10" canvas in acrylics.  


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

===========================================


Here is a sketch of a peony flower.  I had so much fun with the first one, I decided to try a second one.  I'm unsure if I'll paint it or not, but I did enjoy sketching it... 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in April.  This is day 10.  

This is a rough sketch.

11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Your waterlily maiden is wonderful, gorgeous colours, too. Great peony sketch. Hugs, Valerie

JFM said...

Lisa, she is stunning so gorgeous already!!! I can't wait until I see her finished...WOW!!!
I added a peony painting to my posting at the bottom. I just wanted you to see that I love this beautiful flower, too. It was a favorite flower of my mother and my mother-in-law who are both gone now. We also have peonies growing in our yard. Please feel free to stop back over and see it if you would like to :)

Christine said...

Your snow white is coming along beautifully! Your peony sketch is so lovely!

DVArtist said...

Ohhhhh I love her. Here eyes are so expressive. The flowers in her hair set this off perfectly.

Lowcarb team member said...

Her eyes are lovely and so expressive.
I just love peonies, your sketch is very good.

All the best Jan

Anonymous said...

I can sense the inspiration building (toward this beauty).

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Valerie-Jael, Jan, Christine, Nicole, Jan, and Martin!

Jennifer Rose said...

another lovely peony :) and snow white is looking good

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Jennifer!

Magic Love Crow said...

Your painting is looking amazing Lisa! WOW! And, I love your flower! Big hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you most kindly Stacy!