Friday, April 21, 2017

WIP Big Eye Snow White Waterlily Art Original Painting Work in Progress + April Sketches, Sketch 20 & 21, Rose & Green Sea Turtle...



In this original work in progress WIP big eye maiden painting I've been working on her hair.  It is darker now and has some highlights, but I am not yet done.  I need to add some wispies and possibly some more glazing.  After which I will work on some shading on her blouse and then comes the flowers...  Worry not, I have not forgotten the highlights in her eyes, this time I am leaving them for last.  This fairytale angel fairy with water lilies in her hair is inspired by Snow White.

This big eyed beauty is on an 8"x10" canvas in acrylics.  


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:

===================================================


I received a beautiful package in the mail last week.  I was the lucky winner of Alexandra Macvean's Sunday Sketches giveaway.  Alexandra is a wonderful and charming illustrator and hosts Sunday Sketches on Sundays.  I think sketches are one of the strongest foundations and it is a delight to see the art that is shared there.  If you haven't already visited or been a part of Sunday Sketches, I highly recommend paying a visit to http://alexandramacvean.blogspot.com/.

Thanks so much Alexandra for the lovely gifts and the sweet kindness you always exude!

====================================================


Here is a sketch of a rose.  I had Shakespeare running through my head as I sketched this...  "What's in a name? that which we call a rose By any other name would smell as sweet"  I'm unsure if I'll paint it or not, but I did enjoy sketching it... 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in April.  This is from day 20.  

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of an green sea turtle.  I love turtles, they look very wise to me.  I'm unsure if I'll paint him or not, but I did enjoy sketching him.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in April.  This is day 21.  

This is a rough sketch.  

18 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful sketches, and I love how Snow White is coming along. Congrats on winning the prize at Sunday Sketches, enjoy! Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

POINTYPIX said...

Snow White is lovely. I love those big eyes - reminds me of the paintings in that movie! Both of those sketches are great as they are but I'm always a fan of colour so it'd be lovely to see them painted too

carol l mckenna said...

Snow White is divine ~ painted so well and love your two sketches as well ~ thanks,

Wishing you a lovely weekend ~ ^_^

Christine said...

Beautiful sketches and the WIP is coming along so nicely. Congrats on those delightful prizes from Alexandra!

Anonymous said...

The maiden is coming along nicely.
Congratulations (on the prizes)

JFM said...

Your Snow White is so lovely already that I can hardly wait to see her in all her glorious colors when she is finished!
Congratulations on your wonderful winnings πŸŽ†πŸŽ‡πŸŽŠ
Your sketches are just lovely! You are so talented Lisa πŸ’•

sirkkis said...

Lovely maiden is already enchanting.
Congrats and happy weekend xx

Linda said...

Beautiful maiden and sketches!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Valerie-Jael, Nicola, Carol, Christine, Martin, Jan, sirkkis, and Linda!

Lowcarb team member said...

Snow white is looking good to me.
Love your sketches too.

All the best Jan

Jennifer Rose said...

yuor painting is coming along great, lovely colours on it :)

and nice little turtle :) they are such cool animals

DVArtist said...

First I am so amazed at your maidens. Each one shows so much feeling. Happy you won, how nice is that. Your sketches are wonderful and can't wait to see how you finish them.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Jan, Jennifer, and Nicole! I'm not nearly fast enough to turn all of my sketches into completed works, but I appreciate the encouragement Nicole...

Magic Love Crow said...

Your painting is looking stunning Lisa!! Love the red lips!!! Congrats on your win!!! That is excellent! Alexandra is a great person! I love your rose and turtle sketch! Big Hugs!

Giggles said...

Wow you have been busy!! Even though your gorgeous maiden is fashioned after snow white....she looks just like you!! Wonderful gifts from Alexandra and love your rose and turtle sketch!!

Hugs Giggles

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Stacy and Giggles!

stefanie stark said...

Oh how lovely to see your colored artwork! It looks wonderful how you did it!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Stefanie, I'm getting closer to finishing her, but I'm not quite there...