Friday, April 14, 2017

WIP Big Eye Fairy Angel Water Lily Art Original Painting Work in Progress + April Sketches / Sketch 13 + 14 / Calla Lily & Arctic Fox...



In this original work in progress WIP big eye maiden painting I've been working on her hair.  This is just an underpainting, her hair will be much darker when I'm done and will also have some highlights...  This fairytale angel fairy with water lilies in her hair will be Snow White when she's complete.

This big eyed beauty is on an 8"x10" canvas in acrylics.  


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:

============================================


Here is a sketch of a calla lily.  I love the elegant form of calla lilies, they are one of my favorite flowers.  Although I seem to have a lot of favorites, flowers are so lovely.  I'm unsure if I'll paint it or not, but I did enjoy sketching it... 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in April.  This is from day 13.  

This is a rough sketch. 


Here is a sketch of an arctic fox.  I think he has such a sweet expression.  I'm unsure if I'll paint him or not, but I did enjoy sketching him.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in April.  This is day 14.  

This is a rough sketch.

19 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

The painting is wonderful, and both sketches are fantastic. Have a nice weekend, hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Your snow white is so beautiful already. Lovely lily and cute fox.

Lowcarb team member said...

Oh her hair looks so beautiful ...
The Calla Lily and your arctic fox sketches are very nice too.

Best Wishes for the Easter Weekend.

All the best Jan

Carol said...

Love your big eyed girl♥♥♥ It will be fantastic when your done. Thanks for stopping off at my blog too and leaving such kind words.

Jennifer Rose said...

very nice fox sketch, they are such cute animals :)

the hair has a good start, lots of wispy movement to it :)

Anonymous said...

Your creativity must really be on fire

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful big eyed angel and love the calla lily the best ~ fox is neat too ~ thanks,

Wishing you a Happy Weekend ~

JFM said...

Lisa, your big eyed is more beautiful everytime you add color...Gorgeous!!!
Your sketches are also very lovely!!!

Have a lovely weekend 💕

sirkkis said...

I am already impressed by your big-eyed angel. She is enchanting! Lovely new sketches too.
Happy Easter weekend to you ❤❤

Laila said...

Oh I'd love to see her finished. She's already lovely.

Linda Kunsman said...

love your pretty maiden with the water lilies in her hair. Great sketch of the calla lily and that fox is looking so adorable already. Happy PPF!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Valerie-Jael, Christine, Jan, Carol, Jennifer, Martin, Carol, Jan, sirkkis, Laila, Linda!

Linda said...

I love the blue eyed girl, and your sketches are lovely!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Linda!

Giggles said...

Oh Lisa she is adorable...love her hair all the texture so far and the way she's looking up! Great sketches too!!

Hugs Giggles

Magic Love Crow said...

Your painting is breath taking! Wow Lisa! Love your flower and your fox is so cute! Big Hugs!

DVArtist said...

Oooohhh Lisa she is so beautiful. I am loving her hair. Your sketches are ready to come a live with your magic touch.

Granny Annie said...

All so sweet:-)

Lisabella Russo said...

Awww, thanks very much Giggles, Stacy, Nicole, and Grannie Annie!