Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Original Big Eye Gothic Latina Fairy Painting + Art Prints & ACEO Prints! October Sketches...



"Flowers in her Hair" Original 10"x14" Acrylic Painting on a Wooden Plank Here


This week my featured painting is "Flowers in Her Hair," an original fantasy painting.  This gothic Latina fairy angel has big brown eyes, blue green teal hair, and wings inspired by a Painted Lady butterfly.  The original is painted on a wooden plank.  The art has a soft lowbrow surreal feel...


Most of my art is also available on my website at lisarusso.com; however, on the first Tuesday of the month, I like to put some art prints and LE ACEO prints on ebay at a lower promotional rate for the duration of the auctions...  This month, my theme is fall, Halloween, and Dia de los Muertos; you may see them here.

Featured Image "Flowers in Her Hair"
8"x10" Open Edition print on Sale here
ACEO 2.5"x3.5" Limited Edition LE 1st of 25 on Sale here

I am linking this post with Inspire Me Monday
http://www.create-with-joy.com/



Here is a sketch of a flower.  It is based on a helleborus flower, I love to look at flowers and when I sketch them, I feel like I see more deeply into them.  I'm unsure if I'll paint it or not, but I did enjoy sketching it.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in October.  This is day 18.

This is a rough sketch.

9 comments:

Christine said...

you made me google helleborus, such beautiful delicate colours they have.

I love the flowers in her hair on your wood plank piece.

Jennifer Rose said...

you should paint all these flowers you have been drawing :) might make a nice little series of paintings

Valerie-Jael said...

Your fairy is magnificent, an the flower sketch too. Have a good day, hugs, Valerie

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Christine, Jennifer, and Valerie-Jael. Helleborus do have such beautiful colors. I wish I had time to paint everything, but unfortunately, I am not very fast...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful maiden.
Can't wait to see how the flower blooms

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Martin.

ANNA said...

Me encanta tu blog por eso he regresado
Besos

Magic Love Crow said...

Lisa, she is gorgeous! She looks like a butterfly/fairy!! I love her! And, your sketch is so pretty! Hugs!

NatureFootstep said...

she really looks great. and I love the wings looking like Painted lady if I´m not wrong :)