Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Original Little Owl Bird Painting! 1st Tuesday Art Prints & ACEO Prints! October Sketches...



"Owlie" Original 10"x13" Painting on Wooden Plank here

This week my featured painting is "Owlie," an original Athene noctua owl painting.  Owlie is painted directly on a wood plank and would be great for fall, Halloween, or any time of year!  There is hanging hardware on the back of the original so it is ready to hang.  This original bird painting is available for purchase on my website as are art prints and LE ACEO prints!  The art has a realist impressionist feel...


On the 1st Tuesday of the month I am listing some prints at a sale rate for 30 days  The theme this month is fall, Dia de los Muertos, and Halloween...  Some of my art pieces are available as open edition giclee art and LE ACEO prints here.

Most of my art is also available on my website at lisarusso.com; however, I like to put some art on ebay at a lower promotional rate for the duration of the auctions... I have been updating my website. It's an ongoing project, but there is now an excellent selection of art available!

Featured Image "Owlie"
8"x10" Open Edition print on Sale here
ACEO 2.5"x3.5" Limited Edition LE 1st of 25 on Sale here

I am linking this post with Inspire Me Monday
http://www.create-with-joy.com/



Here is a sketch of a big eyed gothic maiden.  Her big eyes seem sad but wise and her hair flows freely around her...  I think she is most likely a mermaid, although she could also be a goddess or a fairy angel.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in October.  This is day 11. 

This is a rough sketch.  

9 comments:

Christine said...

Your owl is so cute, but I am sorry your maiden's eyes are sad!

Jennifer Rose said...

very cute owl :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Your painted owl is wonderful, and the sketch is lovely. Hugs, Valerie

NatureFootstep said...

I love your owl on the wood. Perfect place to paint it :)

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Christine, Jennifer, Valerie-Jael, and Naturefootstep! Much appreciated.

Anonymous said...

The owl is cute.
The maiden is flowing

Magic Love Crow said...

What a cute owl!!! Your maiden is deep in thought!

baili said...

owl is absolutely stunning .you are amazing artist

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Martin, Stacy, and baili!