Saturday, October 15, 2016

Sketch of a Big Eye Angel, October 15, Art Sketches Daily...



Here is a sketch of a big eyed gothic maiden.  She looks a bit surprised and sad, I used a stone angel as reference and I was thinking about the Dr. Who weeping angels as I sketched her...  I think she is most likely an angel fairy, although she could also be a goddess or a mermaid.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in October.  This is day 15.

This is a rough sketch.  You may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Oh, she looks sad, and her mascara is running, I used to have those problems, too! Beautiful and very expressive sketch. Enjoy your weekend, hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

She has a Halloween look!

NatureFootstep said...

so full of tears. She cries for the world.

carol l mckenna said...

She looks very gothic ~ another well done 'big eyed' girl ~ thanks,

Wishing you a special week ~ ^_^

Jennifer Rose said...

looks startled and sad at the same time, nicely done :)

Anonymous said...

"...a bit surprised and sad", is an understatement. She is heartbroken

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much for your kind and thoughtful words Valerie-Jael, Christine, NatureFootstep, carol, Jennifer, and Martin.

Magic Love Crow said...

She is so cool looking! I think Gothic!