Sunday, October 16, 2016

Sketch of a Big Eye Fairy, October 16, Art Sketches Daily + Upcoming Art Show...



Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She has a sweet yet inquisitive expression and her hair is adorned with leaves...  I think she is most likely a fairy angel, although she could also be a goddess or a mermaid.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in October.  This is day 16.  

This is a rough sketch.  You may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I am participating in Sunday Sketches.  To view more Sunday Sketches, please visit:

I've also had some art accepted at the Neutra Institute Gallery & Museum, more details to follow...

11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Your sweet maiden is wonderful, I love how you get the expressions so well. Congrats on the art show, that's great news! Hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

I like her hair with the leaves!

Anonymous said...

So nice to see this lovely vision of hope.

Jennifer Rose said...

love her "hat" :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations on getting your art accepted at the museum! That's a big accomplishment.

NatureFootstep said...

how wonderful to have art accepted at a gallery. Congratulations!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Valerie-Jael, Christine, Martin, Jennifer, Paula, and NatureFootstep!

Magic Love Crow said...

She is so sweet! I love her look! She has a twinkle in her eye! I love her head piece too!

Magic Love Crow said...

Congrats on getting your art accepted at the gallery!!

Lisabella Russo said...

Aww, thanks very much Stacy!

Serena Lewis said...

The leaves are a lovely touch to her hair.

Congratulations on the Gallery acceptance! YAY!