Friday, October 14, 2016

WIP Iris Flower Floral Art Original Painting Work in Progress + October Sketches, Sketch 14, Angel...



In this original 8"x10" work in progress WIP oil painting of an iris, I'm still working on the background.  I'm getting closer to where I want to be with this, but I'm not quite there yet.  There's a bit of texture that I'm going to sand down and then I'll apply another layer or two that will hopefully look more like what I'm hoping it to.  Working with the oils is definitely different than working with acrylics...


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:



Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  Her hair is falling softly around her and she has a sweet and caring expression...  I think she is most likely an angel fairy, although she could also be a goddess or a mermaid.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in October.  This is day 14. 

This is a rough sketch.

15 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Your maiden today is looking very sweet. The iris painting is coming along nicely. Happy PPF, Hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Beautiful fairy and your flower wip is looking good!

NatureFootstep said...

your backgrond looks great so far. Love the green colors. :)

Giggles said...

Beautiful...but IN LOVE with your finished owl on the sidebar!!\

Hugs Giggles

Anonymous said...

There is something wonderful blooming in you art. I can't wait...

Robin said...

I am loving the background on the iris painting. The maiden is beautiful also. I'd like to see her painted. I can only envision her beauty from your words about her. Happy PPF! Have a great week too. Hugs, Rasz

Magic Love Crow said...

Your iris painting is coming along so beautiful Lisa! I love your maiden too! Very sweet!

Jennifer Rose said...

nice wavy hair on your maiden :)

painting is looking good :)

DVArtist said...

I just love your flowers so am looking forward to seeing this one finished. Your maiden does have a very sweet expression. Have a great weekend.

Claudia W | ImagesByCW said...

How interesting that you can already tell that it is going to be an iris. wonder what color you are going to choose.

sirkkis said...

Amazing big eyed maiden and I'm waiting for seeing the other one ready. Sure it will be great.
Happy weekend ♥

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very very much for your kind words!

minnemie said...

Can't wait to see that iris finished - looks great thus far!

artbyjune said...

Lovely WIPs! Looking forward to their progress updates.

My name is Erika. said...

I love irises. Can't wait to see the finished piece.