Sunday, October 9, 2016

Sketch of a Big Eye Angel & Flower, October 8 & 9, Art Sketches Daily 251 Consecutive Sketches!



Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She has a sweet and caring look and her hair falls gently around her shoulders...  I think she is most likely an angel fairy, although she could also be a goddess or a mermaid.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in October.  This was from day 8 of October, I didn't get a chance to share her yesterday.   It was my 250th day of consecutive sketching since February 1st!

This is a rough sketch.  You may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.



Here is a sketch of an flower.  I'm not sure of the name of this flower, but I was drawn to its sweet and simple lines.  I'm unsure if I'll paint it or not, but I did enjoy sketching it.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in October.  This is day 9 in October.  It is my 251st day of consecutive sketching since February 1st...

This is a rough sketch. 

I am also participating in Sunday Sketches.  To view more Sunday Sketches, please visit:
http://bluechairdiary.blogspot.com/

15 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

very pretty maiden, like her hair :)

no idea of the flower but the simple line work well :)

Christine said...

Pretty fairy and lovely flower sketch!

DVArtist said...

Ohhh both of these are beautiful. This girls eyes are a bit different and I like them. The flower is going to be another beauty.

Abigail Davidson said...

Both are lovely! I especially enjoy your line work on the flower -- great form!

Unknown said...

251 days! Wow, good going & keep it up 😊

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful work. Love the big eyed maiden, and the flower sketch is wonderful in its simplicity. Hugs, Valerie

Magyar said...

___ As always, we are drawn in_! _m

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you most kindly Jennifer, Christine, Nicole, Abigail, Terri, Valerie-Jael, and Magyar!

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's me. Something seems to be different in your sketches. I like it!

NatureFootstep said...

love the hair of your angel today and the beautiful sketch of the flower.

Serena Lewis said...

Lovely work, Lisa, and congratulations on your 250th sketch! Quite an accomplishment.

That flower could pass for quite a few different types but a tulip or an opening lotus bloom spring to my mind. :)

Claudia W | ImagesByCW said...

Your sketching is wonderful and I admire the fact that your doing and posting this every day.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Martin, NatureFootstep, Serena, and Claudia! I try to pose every day, but sometimes I don't manage. So far though, I've managed to sketch consecutively. I have some things coming up that may change that, but I'm still going to try to continue with this endeavor...

GalleryJuana said...

what lovely pieces and love how you drew the flower! thanks for the visit last sunday.

Magic Love Crow said...

Your maiden is very sweet and caring! Beautiful! And, I love your flower!