Wednesday, October 5, 2016

My Photograph of a Monarch Butterfly at Huntington Gardens + October Sketches Art, Day 5 Sketch, Big Eye Fairy...



I took this photograph of this monarch butterfly at Huntington Gardens.  I'm not sure what type of flower this is, but butterflies love them.  It is such a joy to see such beauty.  I am not primarily a photographer, but every once in a while I capture a butterfly in my lens.  I hope that you will enjoy this photo!


I love to paint animals, you may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.



Here is a sketch of a big eyed gothic maiden.  She has a soft glance and hair that caresses her face...  I think she is most likely a fairy angel, although she could also be a goddess or a mermaid.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in October.  This is day 5.  

This is a rough sketch.

7 comments:

Christine said...

Beautiful capture of the butterfly! Your maiden is so pretty!

Magic Love Crow said...

Your butterfly picture is so beautiful! And, I love your maiden! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

The butterfly is beautiful, but the flow of the maiden is remarkable

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous photo and sketch, thanks for sharing. Have a nice day, hugs, Valerie

Nicolas Hall said...

A BEAUTIFUL image and ohhhh how I ADORE Monarchs!

I remember once, as a child, watching a group of them in a field on a day when the sun was constantly peeking in and out of the clouds. As the clouds shaded the bushes they were on, they would fold up and still themselves, disappearing from sight unless you knew right where they were, visible just a moment before. And then, a few minutes later, as the sun broke through and shone on them again, they would slowly open and flutter around the bushes, repeating the whole process over and over with each change of the light and warmth. I never forgot that.

DVArtist said...

Beautiful photo. Something so special about butterflies.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Christine, Stacy, Martin, Valerie-Jael, Nicolas, and Nicole. That is a beautiful story Nicolas!