Monday, October 17, 2016

WIP Gothic Big Eye Wednesday Addams Art Original Painting Work in Progress + October Sketches, Sketch 17, Anemone Flower...



In this original work in progress WIP big eye gothic maiden painting I've been working on her features.  I feel like I still have more work to do on her lips and then I shall work on her top.  I don't think I've painted braids before, I think I'm going to have to do a practice sample on my test canvas before I paint her hair...

This big eyed gothic beauty is inspired by Wednesday Addams of the Addams Family and she is set in a cemetery.  This is an 11"x14" acrylic painting on gallery wrapped canvas.  


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at www.lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I'm prepping some of my paintings for the Hallow's Eve and Day of the Dead Celebration Salon Style show at the Neutra Institute Gallery & Museum!  The show will open on October 22nd and close November 13th, I still need to find out the hours, I'll post an update when I know...



Here is a sketch of a flower.  I believe it is based on an anemone flower.  I'm unsure if I'll paint it or not, but I did enjoy sketching it.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in October.  This is day 17.

This is a rough sketch.

9 comments:

Christine said...

your piece is coming along beautifully! Lovely delicate anemone Lisa.

Valerie-Jael said...

The sketch of the anemone is fabulous, and your Addams lady is coming along really well. Have a nice day, hugs, Valerie

Anonymous said...

The Addams maiden is coming along
The anemone is amazing

Jennifer Rose said...

anemone are my favourite flowers :) good job with this flower

and good luck with the braids :D

Magic Love Crow said...

I can't wait to see the braids done! I know you are going to do a great job Lisa! love the flower! Hugs!

Magic Love Crow said...

Good luck with the show!

NatureFootstep said...

she is revealing herself :)

Vashtiqvega43 said...

Your painting is coming along beautifully. I saw Wednesday Adams right away. Great eyes and expression. Your sketch is lovely too.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very very much!