Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Original Big Eye Dia de los Muertos / Day of the Dead Fairy Painting + Art Prints & ACEO Prints! October Sketches...



"Amongst the Ancestors" Original 11"x14" Painting on Panel Here

This week my featured painting is "Amongst the Ancestors," a Day of the Dead sugar skull katrina surrounded by monarch butterflies. This original big eye gothic angel fairy painting is available for purchase on my website as are art prints and LE ACEO prints!  She is my newest Dia de los Muertos painting.


Most of my art is also available on my website at lisarusso.com; however, on the first Tuesday of the month, I like to put some art prints and LE ACEO prints on ebay at a lower promotional rate for the duration of the auctions...  This month, my theme is fall, Halloween, and Dia de los Muertos; you may see them here.

Featured Image "Amongst the Ancestors"
8"x10" Open Edition print on Sale here
ACEO 2.5"x3.5" Limited Edition LE 1st of 25 on Sale here

I am linking this post with Inspire Me Monday



Here is a sketch of an iris.  It is based on a photograph I took at Huntington Gardens.  I think flowers have a great beauty.  I'm unsure if I'll paint it or not, but I did enjoy sketching it.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in October.  This is day 4.

This is a rough sketch.

9 comments:

Christine said...

Oh wow she is gorgeous! Your iris sketch is lovely.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful painting and sketch. I love the expressions you create. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

NatureFootstep said...

wow, love it. Very fitting makeup to the butterflies :)

DVArtist said...

I am so in love with this piece. She posses all of what Day of the Dead represents.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Christine, Valerie-Jael, NatureFootstep, and Nicole! I loved painting her and her butterflies...

Magic Love Crow said...

She is Stunning!!! Well done Lisa!! WOW!!!!! Pretty iris sketch! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

I said this before, This work toys with the mind. What is real?

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Stacy and Martin!

Fran said...

Love your Dia de lox Muertos painting.