Friday, October 7, 2016

WIP Iris Flower Floral Art Original Painting Work in Progress + October Sketches, Sketch 7, Fairy...



In this original 8"x10" work in progress WIP painting of an iris, I'm working on the background.  I've just painted in softly the stems in the background, although I seem to have missed one.  The colors aren't as saturated as they will be when I'm done, it's just a very light preliminary layer.  When it's completed, the background will look very different from this.


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:



Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She has a pointy ear peeking out of her hair and she has a gentle yet intense look...  I think she is most likely a fairy elf, although she could also be a goddess or a mermaid.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in October.  This is day 7.  

This is a rough sketch.

15 comments:

Christine said...

Love the background so far, and what a pretty elf!

carol l mckenna said...

Love both of them ~ lovely work in progress and the magical image of the 'big eyed girl' is divine!
Thanks for visiting ~ always glad to 'see you.'

Wishing you a peaceful week ~ ^_^

Anonymous said...

As to the maiden, Getting ready to take us away again. Looking forward

Jennifer Rose said...

nice start to the painting background :)

really like the detail above your maiden's eyes :)

Laney said...

Love the background for your painting. It is always so much fun to see your works in progress.

sirkkis said...

The background is very promising and the sketch of fairy lovely. Would like to see it ready. I clicked the link and see your beautiful flower painting. It's unique.
Happy Weekend ❤

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful work, the iris painting will be surely fantastic, and I love the sketch of the elf, so pretty and mischievous. Hugs, Valerie

Anonymous said...

like the white against the background even though its a wip I like it as it is now..happy ppf

Studio Kaufmann said...

Love the background. Thanks for sharing your process.
Happy PPF

Magic Love Crow said...

Your painting is looking beautiful! I love your magical maiden! Big Hugs!

Giggles said...

Beautiful wip...but that amongst the ancestors is truly Stunning work...love it!!

Hugs Giggles

Linda Kunsman said...

I just know these will be gorgeous when finished-as usual:) Happy PPF!

Unknown said...

Nothing you do is ever rough, dear Lisa Isabella, she is beyond beauty, and that lovely flower I have, in b&w, you sent it to me once, I was thinking of you this morning as I was looking at your outstanding 'Drowning photo' and lovely blue Angel, I think about you often..everything is so expensive, I can barely afford to visit, I have no car. But occasionally I just have to go in and say hi, so Hi Beautiful, I miss you xoxoxo

DVArtist said...

Lisa I can't wait to see the floral finished. Your flowers are always so beautiful.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much for your kind and thoughtful words!