Wednesday, October 12, 2016

My Photograph of a Hawk Bird at Huntington Gardens + October Sketches Art, Day 12 Sketch, Big Eye Angel...



I took this photograph of this bird at Huntington Gardens.  I believe it is a hawk, but I'm not sure.  It was up so high in the tree, I could see him in the lens better than with my naked eye.  I still wasn't sure entirely what I was shooting, I felt lucky to get a few good shots of him.  I hope that you will enjoy this photo!


I love to paint animals, you may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.



Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  Her eyes are gently shut and she seems very much at peace...  I think she is most likely an angel fairy, although she could also be a goddess or a mermaid.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in October.  This is day 12.

This is a rough sketch.

6 comments:

Christine said...

it looks very majestic, could be a hawk, nice capture Lisa! And a pretty maiden today with her downcast eyes!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful hawk.
There is a freshness to your style

Magic Love Crow said...

That hawk is gorgeous! What a beautiful photo! I love your maiden! Cute hair!

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the hawk, well done for capturing him! Lovely sketch, too. Hugs, Valerie

NatureFootstep said...

I can´t help you with the ID either. But you got a good shot.
I live in the central part of Sweden and I have seen images from your part of the world. Not good. :)

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you most kindly Christine, Martin, Stacy, Valerie-Jael, and NatureFootstep! The drought is indeed problematic...