Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Original Sunflower Flower Painting + Art Prints & ACEO Prints! The Van Gogh and Friends Exhibition at the Huntington Art Gallery Part I...



"Sunlight Sunbright" Original 18"x24" Painting on Canvas Here

This week my featured painting is "Sunlight Sunbright."  The large floral original has bold yellows against a soft blue sky and there is some light texture.  Usually blues, purples, and blacks are my favorite colors, but I find flowers of every hue lovely.  There's a whole world of beauty in flowers.  It was painted with acrylic paints.  The original sunflower painting is available for purchase on my website as are art prints and LE ACEO prints!  The art has a realist impressionist feel.


Most of my art is also available on my website at lisarusso.com; however, on the first Tuesday of the month, I like to put some art prints and LE ACEO prints on ebay at a lower promotional rate for the duration of the auctions...  This month, my theme is big eyes of blue, you may see them here.

I am linking this post with Inspire Me Monday

===============================================

The Van Gogh & Friends Exhibition at the Huntington Art Gallery Part I

Huntington Gardens has so many temptations.  For me I get lost in the beauty of their flowers, but the Huntington Art Gallery is home to some amazing pieces in their permanent collection.  They draw me in so deeply...  

They also have excellent temporary exhibitions of art.  The Van Gogh and Friends exhibit was lovely, the Impressionism and Post-Impressionism art was on loan from the Hammer Museum.  I've chosen to share the photographs that display the art most clearly, my hands shake on occasion so although some are shown framed and some not, I've endeavored to give you the best of what I am able to share with you from the show.  As I'd like to share all of the pieces I was able to photograph, I will share the show in two parts and link them together when I get around to the next part.  The Van Gogh and Friends Exhibition is CLOSED, but the gallery has an incredible selection of works in their permanent collection available for viewing.

Edit: Part II is here.

"Hospital of Saint-Remy" by Vincent van Gogh

"Peonies in a Blue and White Vase" by Henri Fantin-Latour

"Timber Yard at Saint-Mammes" by Alfred Sisley

"Boulevard Montmartre, Mardi Gras" by Camille Pissarro

"Salome Dancing before Herod" by Gustave Moreau

"Wheat Harvest" by Emile Bernard

"The Sower" by Vincent van Gogh


Whilst I have continued to sketch daily, I spent my time getting this ready and haven't had a chance to prep my sketches yet.  I'll try to get caught up on posting my daily sketches tomorrow.

10 comments:

SHON said...

I love your sunflower painting.... It looks like from my childhood time...
And works by Van Gogh I love also. Thank you so much for this pleasure for my soul!

Christine said...

Love the details of your sunflower painting, just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing those wonderful Van Gogh exhibition paintings, and taking the care to get such good shots.

Jennifer Rose said...

very bright flower :)

the exhibition looks like it was a good one

Anonymous said...

Such expression in a flower

Valerie-Jael said...

Your sunflower is beautiful, Van Gogh painted sunflowers very often, too. Love the pictures from the exhibition, thanks for haring. Hugs, Valerie

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you most kindly SHON, Christine, Jennifer, Martin, and Valerie!

NatureFootstep said...

love your sunflower. It is actually strange, I have not seen any real ones ths year.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks NatureFootstep, I haven't seen any real ones this year either...

Magic Love Crow said...

Truly amazing paintings all around! Your sunflower is gorgeous and I love the other ones!! Big Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Stacy!