Monday, July 3, 2017

WIP Big Eye Goddess Betta Fish Art Original Painting Work in Progress + July Sketches, Sketch 3, Orchid Flower...



In this original acrylic work in progress WIP painting of a big eye goddess and a betta fish I've been working on her skin tones.  I'm debating on if I should work on her dress next or her features.  I am leaning towards her dress...  I think I am going to save the highlights in her eyes until last again.  The panel that I'm painting on is 4"x4"...  


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

===================================================


Here is a sketch of an orchid flower.  This is from a more conventional angle than yesterday's, I think it still has a unique beauty.  I'm unsure if I'll paint it or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in July.  This is day 3.  

This is a rough sketch. 

9 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

Your WIP is coming along very well ...
Another very nice orchid sketch, I do like these flowers

All the best Jan

Christine said...

Can't wait to see how the betta fish comes in! Beautiful orchid sketch!

Valerie-Jael said...

Your big eyed godess is coming along really well, great sketch too. Hugs Valerie

SHON said...

That's a very impressive sketch! These large eyes are so beautiful!

Jennifer Rose said...

lovely orchid sketch :)

hmm maybe work on the features first and then match the dress to them?

Anonymous said...

The maiden is coming along quite amazingly

NatureFootstep said...

ah, those big blue eyes. So beautiful. Reminds me of my father in his younger days. :)

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you most kindly Jan, Christine, Valerie, SHON, Jennifer, Martin, and NatureFootstep!

Magic Love Crow said...

The painting is looking amazing Lisa!! Love your flower sketch! Big Hugs!