Sunday, July 16, 2017

Sketch of a Gloxinia Flower, Hibiscus, & Big Eye Fairy Angel/ July 14, 15, & 16 Art Sketches Daily...



Here is a sketch of gloxinia flowers.  I think this flower is lovely and fascinating.  I'm unsure if I'll paint it or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in July.  This is from day 14.  

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of a hibiscus flower.  I saw an amazing hibiscus plant at Huntington Gardens on Friday, I haven't checked yet to see if any of my photos came out, but if they did, I'll try to post one on Wednesday...  I'm unsure if I'll paint it or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in July.  This is from day 15.  

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She has curly locks and I imagine her surrounded by flowers.  I think she is most likely a fair angel, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in July.  This is day 16.

This is a rough sketch.  You may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like. 

9 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful flower sketches, and love your sweet maiden. Have a good, new week, hugs, Valerie

SHON said...

I love the big eyed maiden and your gloxinia flowers so much!

Christine said...

Beautiful flowers and a lovely curly haired maiden today!

Jennifer Rose said...

nice flowing hair on your maiden today :)

Anonymous said...

What a grand surprise! (that hairstyle. thank you)

Lux G. said...

These are wonderful works.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Valerie, SHON, Christine, Jennifer, Martin, and Lux!

Magic Love Crow said...

Loving all your sketches Lisa!! So delicate and beautiful! Big Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you most kindly Stacy!