Wednesday, July 26, 2017

My Photograph of a Hibiscus Rosa-Sinensis at Huntington Gardens + July Sketches Art, Day 26 Sketch, Big Eye Angel Fairy...



I took this photograph of this peach hibiscus rosa-sinensis at Huntington Gardens.  I love hibiscus flowers and this was the first time I'd noticed one with so many petals.  I hope that you will enjoy this photo! 


I love to paint flowers, you may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

==========================================


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She has a garland of flowers and seems to be looking at something with a touch of caring and concern.  I think she is most likely an angel fairy, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in July.  This is day 26.

This is a rough sketch.

9 comments:

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely macro shot of the peach flower and I love the Big Eyed Maiden ~ one of best ones ~ ^_^

Christine said...

Stunning hibiscus and a lovely maiden!

SHON said...

My grandfather was a director by profession but his hobby at home was Planting roses... And his roses were so exclusive and pretty like your photo today. Thank you so much for your photo and taking me with your photo to my childhood... Great work!

Anonymous said...

Wow! ...and flowers too? I'm gone...

Jennifer Rose said...

what a lovely coloured flower :)

I think you should paint your maiden, the flower garland would very pretty the same colour as the hibiscus

Lisabella Russo said...

Many thanks Carol, Christine, SHON, Martin, and Jennifer! I don't have a green thumb, but I appreciate beauty wherever I find it...

Magic Love Crow said...

Lisa, love your photo and I love your fairy! Again, she is different from your other maidens! Paint her! Big Hugs!

Lowcarb team member said...

Isn't that hibiscus lovely, great photo.

All the best Jan

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Stacy and Jan!