Wednesday, July 19, 2017

My Photograph of a White Bearded Iris at Descanso Gardens + July Sketch Art, Day 18 + 19 Sketches, Angel Fairy + Anthurium Flower...



I took this photograph of a white bearded iris at Descanso Gardens.  I love how it was surrounded by roses.  I hope that you will enjoy this photo! 


I love to paint flowers, you may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

====================================================


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She is looking upwards with a caring expression.  I think she is most likely an angel fairy, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in July.  This is from day 18.

This is a rough sketch. 


Here is a sketch of an anthurium.  I love how the shape of the flowers and their leaves resembles the shape of hearts.  I'm unsure if I'll paint it or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in July.  This is day 19.  

This is a rough sketch.  

10 comments:

Christine said...

Beautiful white iris, I don't see the white ones very often. Sweet maiden and pretty anthurium sketch too!

SHON said...

Very nice! You are so gifted with your eyes on pictures!

Jennifer Rose said...

very pretty flowers :)

really like how you are starting to add shading to your maidens, adds a nice touch :)

Anonymous said...

Trying to hide that imagination (hairstyle) among the flowers...

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful photo, and the sketches are both great. Hugs, Valerie

NatureFootstep said...

I´m not sure I have ever seen a totally white iris before. It looks very nice.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Christine, SHON, Jennifer, Martin, Valerie, and NatureFootstep!

Magic Love Crow said...

Gorgeous photo Lisa!! I love your maiden! WOW! Beautiful flower sketch! Big Hugs!

Lowcarb team member said...

Just love your photograph ...

All the best Jan

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Stacy and Jan!