Wednesday, July 12, 2017

My Photograph of Icelandic Poppies at Descanso Gardens + July Sketch Art, Day 11 + 12 Sketches, Rose + Goddess...



I took this photograph of these icelandic poppies at Descanso Gardens.  They are a brilliant orange color and looked so pretty together.  I hope that you will enjoy this photo! 


I love to paint flowers, you may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

====================================================


Here is a sketch of a rose flower.  These flowers have such soft and delicate petals...  I'm unsure if I'll paint it or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in July.  This is from day 11.  

This is a rough sketch. 


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She has a flower in her hair and a caring expression.  I think she is most likely a goddess, although she could also be an angel fairy or a mermaid.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in July.  This is day 12.

This is a rough sketch. 

10 comments:

Christine said...

Beautiful poppies, love the orange. The rose is so delicately beautiful and your maiden's lovely with the flower in her hair.

Anonymous said...

Oh you sprite you. I just love that hairstyle. Magic

Magyar said...

__ Life garden, the keeper.

flowers see
with eyes of the new
the keeper

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful poppies, as photo and sketch. Great sketch of the big eyed maiden, too. Hugs, Valerie

NatureFootstep said...

Icelandic poppies? So many kinds of poppies and all of them beautiful :)

SHON said...

Beautiful sketch of the big eyed maiden! And a photo of these icelandic poppies is great!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Christine, Martin, Magyar, Valerie, NatureFootstep, and SHON! What a beautiful poem Magyar.

Magic Love Crow said...

Those orange flowers are so beautiful! I love your rose sketch and your maiden sketch is wonderful! Big Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Stacy!

Henry said...

You're really good in free hand, keep it up. Have a lovely day :-)


www.vankaizer.com