Friday, July 21, 2017

WIP Flapjack Octopus Art Original Painting Work in Progress + July Sketches, Sketch 21, Rose Flower...



In this original acrylic work in progress WIP painting of a flapjack octopus I've put down a layer of texture for the background and when that dried, I laid in some paint as well.  Next I'll do a bit of work on his eyes and block in his base color.  The panel that I'm painting on is 4"x4"...  


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:

================================================


Here is a sketch of a rose.  The rosebud is starting to bloom, I find the different stages of flowers beautiful.  I'm unsure if I'll paint it or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in July.  This is day 21.  

This is a rough sketch.

20 comments:

Christine said...

Lovely octopus work and a beautiful rose today Lisa!

Valerie-Jael said...

I am looking forward to seeing how the octopus progresses! Gorgeous rose sketch, too. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Anonymous said...

It's always fun to see a work in progress and love the beautiful rose.

Gillena Cox said...

Good going. Happy PPF. i'm happy you dropped by my blog today

Much love...

SHON said...

Such a nice sketch of rose! And your painting of a flapjack octopus is so fascinating! You are very gifted!

carol l mckenna said...

Oh the octopus is unique and bet it will be great ~ love the rose sketch ~ thanks for visiting my blog and commenting ~ ^_^

Linda Kunsman said...

I'm sure that octopus will have mesmerizing eyes:) Your rosebud is sketch is gorgeous just as it is...happy PPF!

Jennifer Rose said...

really great texture on that painting!

Faye said...

Your iris on the link and the rosebud here are beautiful. I look forward to seeing the progress of the octopus.

Anonymous said...

On my screen the octopus was faded. The rose is stunning.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you most kindly for your thoughtful and considerate comments. The octopus will come into focus more as I add paint to him...

Giggles said...

You Iris dream on your side bar is stunning... and I love your rose sketch!! Look forward to the finished product!!

Hugs Giggles

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely work, coming along nicely.
That rose is gorgeous.

All the best Jan

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Giggles and Jan!

Jean said...

Love the rose sketch! Looks so real!

DVArtist said...

I have been so busy with my website that I am behind in everything. I am loving the start of these two new pieces. Have a great week.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Jean and Nicole! I'm definitely behind in website updates myself...

Mandy said...

Looking forward to seeing your sea creature finished....visiting from ppf, number 12...xx

Magic Love Crow said...

Your little octopus painting is going to be so cute! Love your rose sketch! Big Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you kindly Mandy and Stacy!