Wednesday, July 5, 2017

My Photograph of a Junco Bird at Descanso Gardens + July Sketch Art, Day 4 + 5 Sketches, Tulip + Rose...



I took this photograph of this bird at Descanso Gardens.  While they are very common there, I usually have trouble photographing this bird with a black head and brown body that I believe is a Dark-eyed Junco as they move fairly quickly.  However, this one paused for a bit as it looked like it was gathering materials for its nest...  I hope that you will enjoy this photo! 


I love to paint animals, you may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

==================================================


Here is a sketch of a tulip flower.  I love the elegant lines these flowers have.  I'm unsure if I'll paint it or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in July.  This is from day 4.  

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of a rose flower.  Rosebuds are such lovely flowers, I find myself drawn to draw them often...  I'm unsure if I'll paint it or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in July.  This is day 5.  

This is a rough sketch.  

11 comments:

SHON said...

I love the photograph of this bird at Descanso Gardens. It is always very difficult to take photos of moving birds... You did a great masterpiece!

Christine said...

Lovely photo and beautiful flower sketches today!

Anonymous said...

Love the flow of the lines in your flower sketches

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous little bird and wonderful sketches. Have a nice day, hugs, Valerie

NatureFootstep said...

I have seen the little Junco bird on one of my travels. Was hard to find in the bushes as it is so dark :)

Lovely sketches :)

Victoria said...

AW, what a sweet little bird, so gorgeous! Loving your floral sketches...fantastic work!
Victoria

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much SHON, Christine, Martin, Valerie, NatureFootstep, and Victoria!

stefanie stark said...

These two flower sketches look wonderful! It's a great idea to do one sketch a day. Very inspiring!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you most kindly Stefanie!

Magic Love Crow said...

Such a cute photo and I love your flower sketches Lisa! Big Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Stacy!