Monday, July 31, 2017

WIP Flapjack Octopus Art Original Painting Work in Progress + July Sketches, Sketch 21, Orchid Flower...



In this original acrylic work in progress WIP painting of a flapjack octopus I've done a bit of work on his eyes and started painting him.  I still have more shading to do before I consider some other aspects.  The panel that I'm painting on is 4"x4"...  


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

=================================================


Here is a sketch of an orchid flower.  This is one of the many beautiful variations of this flower...  I'm unsure if I'll paint it or not, but I did enjoy sketching it.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in July.  This is from day 31.

This is a rough sketch.

7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

That little flapjack creature is gorgeous. Great orchid sketch, too. Have a nice evening, hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Your octopus is already so cute. Lovely orchid sketch too!

Jennifer Rose said...

aww so tiny and cute :D he is looking good :)

Anonymous said...

Who would've ever imagined an octopus could be cute?

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Valerie, Christine, Jennifer, and Martin!

Magic Love Crow said...

Your painting is looking adorable! Love your flower sketch! Big Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Aww, thanks Stacy!