Monday, July 10, 2017

WIP Big Eye Mermaid Flapjack Octopus Art Original Painting Work in Progress + July Sketches, Sketch 10, Great Horned Owl...



In this original acrylic work in progress WIP painting of a big eye mermaid and a flapjack octopus I've been working on the background and the eyes.  Next I think will come the mermaid's skin tones.  I think I am going to save the highlights in the eyes until last again.  The panel that I'm painting on is 4"x4"...  


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.


Here is a sketch of a great horned owl.  This bird has an alert and cautious expression...  I'm unsure if I'll paint him or not, but I did enjoy sketching him. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in July.  This is day 10.  

This is a rough sketch.

11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the owl sketch and the mermaid is coming along really well, I love seeing all the teps you take till the painting is finished. Hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Nice to see the WIP. The owl's beautiful, the eyes are stunning.

Victoria said...

She is so bewildering, I feel lots of intensity and strong presence with her..beautiful..love her! Gorgeous...your owl has touched my soul..what a sacred being..you have captured that spiritual essence, I am captivated ! Beautiful my friend!
Victoria

Blogoratti said...

Great work in progress, the outcome must be really great to see. Greetings!

Jennifer Rose said...

nice owl :)

and this painting looks cute with the little octopus :)

Anonymous said...

One can't help but get lost in those magic eyes.

SLScheibe said...

Lovely! The mermaid painting is going to look great, I'm sure. The octopus is adorable :)

SHON said...

The owl sketch is so lively! And the mermaid is going to be very nice. Great work in progress!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Valerie, Christine, Victoria, Blogoratti, Jennifer, Martin, SLScheibe, and SHON!

Magic Love Crow said...

Your painting is going to be adorable! Love your owl sketch! Big Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you most kindly Stacy!