Friday, July 7, 2017

WIP Betta Fish Art Original Painting Work in Progress + July Sketches, Sketch 7, Big Eye Goddess...



In this original acrylic work in progress WIP painting of a betta fish I've been working on his eyes and blocking in his form.  The white on his finlet won't be there when it's complete, there was just a smidge too much blue and the red I was using needed a little bit brighter of a base...  The panel that I'm painting on is 4"x4"...  


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:

================================================


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She has a look of gentle intensity.  I think she is most likely a goddess, although she could also be an angel fairy or a mermaid.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in July.  This is day 7.

This is a rough sketch.  

17 comments:

carol l mckenna said...

Beautiful fish ~ so well illustrated and your lovely big eyed maiden is wonderful ~ ^_^

Blogoratti said...

Big eye maiden looks like she has lots of secrets hidden away. Great work indeed. Greetings to you!

Linda Kunsman said...

your beta is so beautiful-those delicate fins floating about...and your maidens have such a mystical quality. Happy PPF!

Mandy said...

Lovely little fishy...love the colours....I think your sketch looks like a fairy...her eyes are big but they look kind...xx

Jennifer Rose said...

really like your maidens hair buns :)

your fish is looking really good too :)

Christine said...

The betta fish is coming along so nicely. Your maiden is lovely today.

Anonymous said...

You like blue beta? Mine were red. Thank you for the wonderful you know what.

Valerie-Jael said...

LOVE the painting, and the sketch is beautiful, too. Have a lovely weekend, hugs, Valerie

Faye said...

Love the beta fish!!!

SHON said...

Such a beautiful fish with large eyes!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much, I had a blue betta, I think they're wonderful little fish...

Claudia W | ImagesByCW said...

Beautiful WIP already. Betta are such beautiful fish. Too bad they have to be kept by themselves. A couple of office co-workers have one each - they are gorgeous.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks Claudia, they are beautiful fish, but they definitely need to be kept by themselves.

Beth Niquette said...

I adore fish. I think they are more intelligent that people think. Haha...your artwork is lovely, my dear.

Magic Love Crow said...

That little fish is so cute! Love your Goddess Lisa! Big Hugs!

JKW said...

Fantastic looking fish. . .love the bright eyed gal. Blessings, Janet

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Beth, Stacy, and JKW! I also think fish can be smarter than some people give them credit for...