Friday, July 28, 2017

WIP Big Eye Mermaid Flapjack Octopus Art Original Painting Work in Progress + July Sketches, Sketch 27 & 28, Pansy & Lily Flower...



In this original acrylic work in progress WIP painting of a big eye mermaid and a flapjack octopus I've been working on her skin tones.  For some reason the paint didn't want to adhere to part of her face, but I'm fairly happy with where it is now.  Her features and her dress will be coming next.  I think I am going to save the highlights in the eyes until last again.  The panel that I'm painting on is 4"x4"...  


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:

=================================================


Here is a sketch of a pansy flower.  They are so sweet and lovely; I feel a bit remiss in not yet having painted one...  I'm unsure if I'll paint it or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in July.  This is from day 27.  

This is a rough sketch.  


Here is a sketch of a lily flower.  Lilies have such graceful beauty...  I'm unsure if I'll paint it or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in July.  This is day 28.  

This is a rough sketch.  

18 comments:

SHON said...

I love everything of you - your big eye mermaid with a flapjack octopus and your sketches. Your are doing a great job as always!

Linda Kunsman said...

lovely flower sketches and your mermaid is looking sweeter with each new addition. Happy PPF!

Faye said...

Great start on your mermaid. I love the flower sketches. Very pretty.

Christine said...

Mermaid with octopus coming along nicely! Beautiful flower sketches today!

carol l mckenna said...

All of them are lovely ~ I especially like the white in the first one ~ talented lady ~ ^_^

Jennifer Rose said...

the paint might have problems sticking to the canvas if there is any oils on the canvas or on the brush. sometimes there is a dirty part on the canvas we can't see that causes the problem

Mandy said...

Looking forward to seeing her finished...xx

Anonymous said...

Such beauty and flow. Not only in the maiden (and her hairstyle) but the flowers.

Latane Barton said...

I'd love to see the pansy painted. Pansies are always so cute, with their funny faces. Wonder what yours would look like.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful sketches, and your painting is coming along really well. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much for your sweet and thoughtful words SHON, Linda, Faye, Christine, Carol, Jennifer, Mandy, Martin, Latane, and Valerie!

Perhaps a bit of dirt that I couldn't see snuck onto my surface, I'll try cleaning off the area if it happens again, thanks Jennifer.

Özge Başağaç said...

I really like the sketches. Nothing can beat an expressive line drawing.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Özge!

Lowcarb team member said...

Your sketches of the pansy and lily look great.

All the best Jan

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you Jan!

Magic Love Crow said...

Your painting is looking fantastic Lisa and I love your flower sketches! Big Hugs!

Giggles said...

Beautiful wip. Love her skin tone!!

Hugs Giggles

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Stacy and Giggles!