Sunday, December 6, 2015

Art Sketch of a Big Eye Gothic Mermaid...



Here is a sketch of a big eyed gothic maiden.  She has a soft smile and long flowing hair...  I think she is most likely a mermaid, although she could also be an angel fairy or goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.  

I went to the Miniatures and Small Works Show that I have a piece in at the Whittier Art Gallery yesterday.  Alex took a couple of pictures of me with my piece, but I haven't checked to see yet if any came out.  I'd like to go again before it closes and take a closer look at more of the paintings by other artists; I didn't stay long because I wasn't feeling well, but it looked like a very nice show.


I am also participating in Sunday Sketches.  To view more Sunday Sketches, please visit:
http://bluechairdiary.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

Christine said...

She is gorgeous. Hope the pic came out well so we can see it!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Beautiful! I love the dreamy eyes and full lips. Happy Sunday Sketches!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Christine and Arnoldo! I'm posting one of the photos today...

Jennifer Rose said...

nice drawing :) glad you made it to the show even if it was only for a short time

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you Jennifer! Fortunately it's really close to me, so I should be able to see it more thoroughly before it closes...

GalleryJuana said...

Congratulations on your exhibit! Beautiful femaile portrait.

Magic Love Crow said...

I hope you're feeling better! Your sketch is beautiful! Love her lips!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Juana and Stacy!