Friday, December 18, 2015

Wings of Fairy Angel Big Eye Art Original Painting Work in Progress WIP...



I am working on the wings of this big eye fairy angel.  In this work in progress, I've blocked in the top part of the wings.  My next step will be to work on the lower portion of her wings and then I'll refine both parts of the wings before moving on.  In this wip photo in addition to the original painting, you can see the photo that I took of a Painted Lady butterfly peeking out that I'm using as inspiration for her wings...


I usually post works in progress on Fridays, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at http://www.lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:
http://paintpartyfriday.blogspot.com/

15 comments:

Christine said...

Wow I love the wings so far, the colours pop against the wood background.

Louise@ElsieMayandBertha said...

You wings are looking lovely. Are you painting directly on the wood?

Carol said...

These wings are fantastic and I can't wait to see the finished fairy ♥

Jennifer Rose said...

the wings look great! :D

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful wings. beautifully painted. Have a great weekend, happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

sirkkis said...

Really interesting project.
Have a happy weekend xx

DVArtist said...

Wow this is very creative. I love this idea and can't wait to see it finished.

Beth Niquette said...

Wow! That is an amazing painting. You are so creative.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very very much!

Louise, I first transferred the sketch and then I put a couple of layers of Golden matte medium and I am painting on top of that...

Louise@ElsieMayandBertha said...

Thanks Lisa, I was interested to see how you dealt with the porous wood.

Giggles said...

Beautiful start!!

Hugs Giggles

NatureFootstep said...

is it a piece of wood you are working on? What a wonderful idea. Would love to the finished piece :)

Hope you will have a beautiful Christmas :)

Cindy D. said...

Wow, I haven't been here in ages! Your work in progress looks great! Such beautiful wings!

Magic Love Crow said...

WOW Lisa!!!!!! Amazing!!!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Louise, Giggles, NatureFootstep, Cindy, and Stacy! Wood is definitely interesting to work with.