Friday, October 23, 2015

Art Sketch of a Big Eye Gothic Dia de los Muertos / Day of the Dead Maiden + Marigolds Flower Painting WIP...



Here is an updated work in progress view of the marigolds painting I am working on.  It's only very subtly different than the wip image I've shared before, I've lightened some elements of the background a little...


I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:


Here is the lineart for a Dia de los Muertos / Day of the Dead big eye gothic maiden.  I sketched her face and then traced three different designs over the sketch, this is the one I've decided to go with.  Today I'm going to work on some color variations on photoshop and hopefully transfer the sketch to panel.    Due to time constraints, I'm going to try to persue the painting with the butterflies perhaps next year.  I'm very excited to be having a friend stay with me who I haven't seen in years soon, and there's just so much to do...

14 comments:

ann @ studiohyde said...

Lovely start to your work in progress.

Carol said...

I love marigolds and can't wait to see them finished ... I grew up in a town that proclaimed to be "the Marigold Capitol of the World" so I'm rather forced to love them or be disloyal but they are beautiful flowers.

Faye said...

Looking forward to seeing the marigolds, flowers that I do enjoy. The deer do not eat them! I don't understand the concept of dia de los muertos art. Congrats on being the featured artist for PPF.

Jennifer Rose said...

the flower painting is looking nice and nice lineart for your day of the dead maiden :)

Abigail Davidson said...

Both your creations look like they're going to turn out great! Looking forward to seeing both -- already enjoying the contrast of the background with the flowers.

Christine said...

looking forward to seeing these completed! Have a great time with your friend.

Valerie-Jael said...

Congrats on being featured at PPF this week! Hugs, Valerie

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very very much! I don't do a lot of Dia de los Muertos / Day of the Dead art, but I do enjoy it. Flowers are definitely a favorite of mine!

DVArtist said...

I am always so delighted to see your art. You are so talented.
Nicole/Beadwright

Beth Niquette said...

How fun it will be to see them done!

Giggles said...

Oh I can't wait to see these in completion...they will be gorgeous no doubt!!

Hugs Giggles

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you most kindly Nicole, Beth, and Giggles!

Tracey FK said...

they are both going to be amazing... love seeing your works in progress... you have fabulous drawing skills and I like to see them as well as your painting skills...xx

Magic Love Crow said...

These are both going to be amazing when they are finished!!