Sunday, October 4, 2015

Art Sketches of Monarch Butterfly Butterflies...



Here are some of my sketches of monarch butterflies.  I'm planning on incorporating some into a Dia de los Muertos / Day of the Dead painting that I am in the drawing stages of.  The monarch butterly has some interesting symbolism in Mexico, their migration symbolizes the return of loved ones.  I thought they would be very fitting in DOTD art.  I doubt I'll finish it in time for that holiday this year, but it's a project I feel like working on right now, so I'm going with that feeling...


I am also participating in Sunday Sketches.  To view more Sunday Sketches, please visit:

10 comments:

Lorraine said...

lovely sketches

Fallingladies said...

Lovely, i have always been a monarch fan!

Christine said...

Lovely butterflies!

Jennifer Rose said...

very nice sketches :) miss seeing them in canada, always made my day when I saw one :)

carol l mckenna said...

Delightful sketches ~ beautiful butterflies!

Happy Week to you,
artmusedog and carol

alarmcat said...

beautiful sketches!!

A Joyful Cottage said...

Butterflies are magical. I love it when they visit my garden. Your sketches are gentle. So soft. Quite lovely. Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. :)

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

I love moths and butterflies. I love all the pollinators! And your monarch's are likewise lovable!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very very much! We are trying to have a butterfly friendly garden, I love butterflies!

Alexandra MacVean said...

Your Monarch butterflies are so lovely, Lisa. I can't wait to see you colour them in. Very beautiful. :)