Wednesday, July 20, 2016

My Photograph of Purple Wisteria Flowers at Descanso Gardens + July Sketches Art, Day 20 Sketch, Big Eye Fairy...



I took this photograph of these flowers at Descanso Gardens.  I believe they are wisteria flowers.  I do photograph many differently colored flowers, but purple is a favorite of mine... I hope that you will enjoy this photo!


I love to paint flowers, you may see some of my finished paintings at www.lisarusso.com if you'd like.



Here is a sketch of a big eyed gothic steampunk maiden.  She is looking upwards and is perhaps a bit miffed.  I think she is most likely a fairy angel, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in July.  This is day 20.  

This is a rough sketch.

6 comments:

Christine said...

beautiful flowers, love the purple. Cute outfit on today's girl!

Jennifer Rose said...

very pretty flowers, thought they were purple bleeding hearts but dont think they come in purple :)

nice hat and veil on todays maiden :)

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Christine and Jennifer!

Anonymous said...

Very clever of you. Even the beauty is wondering why you posted the flowers before her.

Lisabella Russo said...

Interesting, thanks very much Martin!

Magic Love Crow said...

Gorgeous flowers!! I love this latest sketch!! She is rocking it Lisa!! Well done! You have lots of painting to do! You better hurry up! LOL!