Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Original Sunflowers Painting + Art Prints & ACEO Prints! July Sketches...



"Summer Sun" Original 9"x12" Painting on Canvas Here

This week my featured painting is "Summer Sun". The original sunflowers painting is available for purchase on my website as are art prints and LE ACEO prints!  The original has a little texture.  Usually blues, purples, and blacks are my favorite colors, but I find flowers of every hue lovely.  In the summer, I love catching sight of their beauty.  It was painted with oil paints.  The art has a soft realist impressionist feel.


Most of my art is also available on my website at www.lisarusso.com; however, on the first Tuesday of the month, I like to put some art prints and LE ACEO prints on ebay at a lower promotional rate for the duration of the auctions...  This month, my theme is gothic maidens, you may see them here.

I am linking this post with Inspire Me Monday
http://www.create-with-joy.com/


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She has a 20s feel with her feather hat and short hair; although it's a little long for that time, it's short for one of my maidens...  She seems to have a bit of a concerned look.  I think she is most likely a fairy angel, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in July.  This is day 26.  

This is a rough sketch.

8 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

lovely maiden, kind of has a 60's look to her :)

nice colours in your painting :)

Christine said...

beautiful sunflowers! I love her feather hat too.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

That sunflower is so vivid...amazing!!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Jennifer, Christine, and Optimistic Existentialist!

Anonymous said...

Once again, this beautiful maiden is wondering why a wondrous sunflower got top billing

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks Martin, an interesting interpretation...

Magic Love Crow said...

Your feather hat on your maiden is cool! Love it! Gorgeous sunflowers! Love the colours Lisa!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Stacy!