Thursday, July 28, 2016

WIP Angel Fairy Art Original Painting Work in Progress + July Sketches, Sketch 28, Rose...



In this original acrylic work in progress WIP big eye maiden painting I've painted her eyes and I've done a few layers on her face.  I still have more layers to go with more shading before I move on to her eyebrows, eyelashes, and lips; but I'm liking the direction she is going in.  This angel fairy is a little 4"x4" acrylic painting. 


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at www.lisarusso.com if you'd like.



Here is a sketch of a rose.  My grandmother had a deep love of roses and I think she passed that on to me.  Her garden was full of amazing flowers and I think she would have loved this rosebud.  I'm unsure if I'll paint it or not, but I did enjoy sketching it.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in July.  This is day 28.  

This is a rough sketch.

7 comments:

Christine said...

beautiful eyes and a lovely rose Lisa!

Jennifer Rose said...

nice job with her eyes :)
and pretty rosebud :)

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Christine and Jennifer!

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's me,but the maiden is a beautiful second chance

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Martin!

Magic Love Crow said...

I think your grandmother would have loved the rosebud too! Great sketch Lisa! Your painting is coming along beautifully! Like I said, you put so much into your art! Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you Stacy, you are the sweetest!