Friday, July 29, 2016

WIP Lamb Animal Art Original Painting Work in Progress + July Sketches, Sketch 29, Angel...



In this original acrylic work in progress WIP painting of a lamb, I've been working on the background.  It has been a while since I've posted a progress view of this little sheep.  I need to work a bit more on the background, especially below the lamb, so that he does not look like he is hovering.  After that he needs a little more shading, I am hoping to have him finished for Tuesday...

I'm debating between "Lost Sheep" and "Found Sheep" for the title, to tie in with a painting I did of Little Bo Peep a while back.  Any opinions?


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at www.lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:



Here is a sketch of a big eyed gothic maiden.  She has a wistful expression and is wearing her hair in pigtails.  I think she is most likely an angel fairy, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in July.  This is day 29.  

This is a rough sketch.

17 comments:

Christine said...

love her pigtails! Well 'found sheep' has a more positive feeling I think.

Valerie-Jael said...

Both are coming along beautifully, the lamb is just fantastic. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

carol l mckenna said...

The lamb is so adorable and well done ~ looks finished to me ~ Another great 'big eyed' girl ~

Happy Weekend to you ~ ^_^

Jennifer Rose said...

you little lamb is looking good :)

Alicia C said...

awwwww what a sweet lamb!!! just love it so much!

sirkkis said...

Lovely lamb, so soft and adorable. The Girl sketch is magical.
Happy weekend ♥

Laney said...

Such a sweet lamb! I say "found" is better. Happy PPF!

Claudia W | ImagesByCW said...

Such a cute lamb. To me it looks 'found' :)

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much, I am also leaning towards "Found Sheep"

Anonymous said...

My that lamb is amazing!
Signs of the maiden's potentials

genie said...

Your lamb is just the sweetest thing. It looks like it belongs in the my old Sunday School Room when I was a young child. And your maiden's eyes. They are getting better and better. Love them all. genie

DVArtist said...

As you know I just love this little lamb and all the progress you have made on it. Have a very happy Sunday.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much! I think I should have him completed in time for Tuesday.

Magic Love Crow said...

Your little lamb is so adorable! You put a lot into your paintings Lisa, it shows! Love the pigtails on your new girl!

Lisabella Russo said...

Aww, thanks Stacy, much appreciated!

Giggles said...

So precious that little lamb!! Love it!! Wonderful wips!

Hugs Giggles

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Giggles!