Wednesday, July 6, 2016

My Photograph of a Red Flower at Huntington Gardens + July Sketches Art, Day 6 Sketch, Gothic Angel...



I took this photograph of this flower at Huntington Gardens.  I'm not sure what kind of flower it is, but I thought it was quite beautiful... I hope that you will enjoy this photo!


I love to paint flowers, you may see some of my finished paintings at www.lisarusso.com if you'd like.


Here is a sketch of a big eyed gothic maiden.  I think she has a deeply contemplative look.  I think she is most likely an angel fairy, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in July.  This is day 6.

This is a rough sketch.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great flower. The beautiful maiden us captivated it too

Jennifer Rose said...

very pretty flower, no idea what it is tho :)

Christine said...

It looks like a ginger flower. She does look angelic!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you most kindly Martin, Jennifer, and Christine! Thanks for the possible flower id Christine.

Magic Love Crow said...

That flower is so pretty! Your maiden is so beautiful!!!