Wednesday, July 27, 2016

My Photograph of Vibrant Flowers at Descanso Gardens + July Sketches Art, Day 27 Sketch, Big Eye Mermaid...



I took this photograph of these flowers at Descanso Gardens.  I'm not sure what kind of flower they are, but I loved that they seemed to have flowers within flowers.  I hope that you will enjoy this photo!

Edit: It looks like this flower is a zinnia, thanks Jennifer!

I love to paint flowers, you may see some of my finished paintings at www.lisarusso.com if you'd like.



Here is a sketch of a big eyed gothic maiden.  She has serious expression, her hair is flowing around her, and she has a dashing little hat.  I think she is most likely a mermaid, although she could also be a fairy angel or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in July.  This is day 27.  

This is a rough sketch.

6 comments:

Christine said...

your flowers are beautiful and I love her little hat and pouty lips

Jennifer Rose said...

I think the flower is a type of zinnia, not sure tho :) cute little ht on your maiden :)

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Christine and Jennifer! It does indeed look like a zinnia, thank you.

Anonymous said...

There is something about this maiden that seems to come alive

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Martin!

Magic Love Crow said...

Beautiful flowers! This maiden is very striking! I think you should paint her!