Friday, July 8, 2016

WIP Rose Flower Floral Art Original Painting Work in Progress + July Sketches, Sketch 8, Elf...



In this original work in progress WIP painting of a rose, I'm trying a couple of different things.  I'm painting on a wood surface and I'm using oil paints.  I haven't used oils in many years due to my allergies, but they have new products out there, so I'm giving this a try...


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at www.lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:
http://paintpartyfriday.blogspot.com/


Here is a sketch of a big eyed gothic maiden.  She has an elf ear peeking out.  I think she is most likely an elven angel fairy, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in July.  This is day 8.  

This is a rough sketch.

19 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Can't wait to see your finished rose and your little elf maiden is very cute. Great sketch. :) erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Your rose is wonderful and will be a treasure when it is done. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

sheila 77 said...

Beautiful sketch of the girl whoever she turns out to be.

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely beginning for your rose and another great 'big eyed girl' started ~

Happy Weekend to you ~ ^_^

Irene Rafael said...

Lovely, lovely, Lovely!

sirkkis said...

Magical ‼
Happy PPF ❤

Christine said...

I can't wait to see this rose finished! Cute elf too!

Paper rainbow said...

Looks like your rose is off to a great start.

Paper rainbow said...

Looks like your rose is off to a great start.

Anonymous said...

I can't help but feel these two beautiful works carry similar themes

denthe said...

Great idea to do a sketch a day! I think she looks good with and without colour. Good luck with the rose. I tried painting with those new oil colours that are watersoluble, but they still gave me a headache. No more oils for me ...

Jennifer Rose said...

cute maiden :)

hopefully the new oil paints don't set off your allergies, the new types dont help me sadly

Giggles said...

Love the start of your rose! All the best with your oils!

Hugs Giggles

sandy said...

Your floral art is amazing - i have looked through your gallery - will be interested to see how this turns out.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very very much for your kind words and comments!

Claudia W | ImagesByCW said...

Your rose WIP is looking great. Good luck with the oils. I still have some from way back when, but... too many other art supplies and other things are waiting right here, right now.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks Claudia, there are definitely lots of tempting art supplies to try!

Magic Love Crow said...

Good luck with the rose! I have never painted with oils before! I think you should paint your elf maiden! She is beautiful! Big Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks Stacy, it has been many, many years since I've painted with oils, and even then I only did a few due to allergies. I'm hoping these paints won't set them off...