Saturday, December 3, 2016

Sketch of a Big Eye Angel Fairy, December 3, Art Sketches Daily



Here is a sketch of a big eyed gothic maiden.  I think she looks shyly inquisitive and for some reason, I also think she likes to read...  I think she is most likely an angel fairy, although she could also be a goddess or a mermaid.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in December.  This is day 3.

This is a rough sketch.  You may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I have a small piece in the December Miniatures and Small Works Exhibit at the Whittier Art Gallery, the reception is today.  I'll be there between 5pm and 6pm today, if you'd like more information as well as a view of the painting, it's here.  I'd love to see you there if you're in the area...

9 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Your big eyed maiden has a sweet and clever expression - yes, it could come from reading. Hope the exhibition goes well. Hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

I love her hairstyle!

Anonymous said...

Tell me this isn't a new and wonderful generation of Lisa Isabella Russo

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Valerie-Jael, Christine, and Martin!

Magic Love Crow said...

She is wonderful!! I love the hair!!
All the best at the gallery!
Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Stacy!

Jennifer Rose said...

nice hair style on this one :)

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you Jennifer!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you Jennifer!