Saturday, December 17, 2016

The December Miniatures and Small Works Exhibit at the Whittier Art Gallery + DEC Sketches, Sketch 17, Fairy Angel...


Lisa Isabella Russo with "Lisianthus Beauties" Painting

Here is my original lisianthus painting, framed and in the December Miniatures and Small Works Exhibit at the Whittier Art Gallery.  Framed "Lisianthus Beauties" measures 5 1/4" x 4 3/4", unframed this tiny acrylic painting on vellum paper measures 4"x3.5".  There was a lot of wonderful art and artists at the exhibit and it's still open until December 24th!  I picked a handful of my favorites to share with you.

December Miniatures and Small Works Exhibit
Whittier Art Gallery
8035 Painter Ave
Whittier, California 90602
(562) 698-8710

Show runs until Saturday December 24th
The gallery is open Wednesdays through Sundays from 1-6

by Linda Della Zoppa

by Gwen McCants

by Iris Harris

"Santa's Snowy Ride" by Mary Ragan

by Pat Brown

"Selfie!" by Leah Schmaltz

by Yoshio C. Nakamura

=============================================


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She has a look of sweet determination...  I think she is most likely a fairy angel, although she could also be a goddess or a mermaid.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in December.  This is day 17.  

This is a rough sketch.  You may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like. 

8 comments:

Christine said...

Lovely original lisianthus painting Lusa and very interesting exhibits. Your fairy angel is very pretty.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing some of the other exhibits

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely photo and thank for showing some of the other works, too. Great sketch! Have a great Sunday, hugs, Valerie

Claudia W | ImagesByCW said...

Wonderful art. And your beautiful flower painting is part of it - congrats! I wish I could visit as I will be in California for Christmas, but in SFO :). Happy Holidays, Lisa.

NatureFootstep said...

nice to see you Lisa. And a miniature exhibition, how wonderful. :)

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Christine, Martin, Valerie-Jael, Claudia, and NatureFootstep!

Magic Love Crow said...

I love the art pieces you picked to show us! Thanks Lisa! And, as I said, I love that picture of you!
Your maiden is so sweet looking! Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Awwww, thank you most kindly Stacy!