Monday, December 19, 2016

WIP Mermaid + AngelFish Art Original Painting Work in Progress + December Sketches, Sketch 19, Tulip Flower...



In this original acrylic work in progress WIP painting of a mermaid with her angelfish friends, I've started on the background, as usual I'm not quite happy with it, but this time I'm close...  It has taken a while for me to get from concept to starting the actual painting, but there were a lot of elements I wanted to balance.  I'd never painted an angelfish, so I did a preliminary piece of a solo angelfish titled "School's Out."  I think it will help me to paint the angelfish with a bit more confidence when I get there, but that's quite a way away...

This big eyed beauty is on a 16"x20" canvas in acrylics.


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

============================================



Here is a sketch of a tulip.  I think the stems and leaves of these flowers are also beautiful.  I'm unsure if I'll paint it or not, but I did enjoy sketching it.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in December.  This is day 16.  

This is a rough sketch. 

6 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Your WIP is gorgeous, she will be a fantastic mermaid. Love the tulip sketch, too. Hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Lovely new details coming into your WIP! Beautiful tulip sketch!

Magic Love Crow said...

Your painting is coming along so nicely Lisa!!! I like the background!
Beautiful tulip! Big Hugs!

Anonymous said...

This maiden's name should be Hope. It is all over her face

Jennifer Rose said...

that look great! My favorite of your paintings so far, can't wait to see it finished :)

Lisabella Russo said...

Awww, thanks so much for your sweet comments Valerie-Jael, Christine, Stacy, Martin, and Jennifer!