Friday, December 2, 2016

WIP Iris Flower Floral Art Original Painting Work in Progress + December Sketches, Sketch 1 & 2, Angel & Owl...



In this original 8"x10" work in progress WIP oil painting of an iris, I've been working on the background.  Although I sanded it down and repainted, it still looks much like it did before...  I do like this version a bit better though, sometimes subtle differences mean a big deal to me.  I think I may begin on the flower itself next.


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:

The December Miniatures and Small Works Exhibit at the Whittier Art Gallery opening will be this Saturday featuring my lisianthus painting, I will try to be there between 5-6. 

====================================================


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  I think she has a sweet and caring expression...  I think she is most likely an angel fairy, although she could also be a goddess or a mermaid.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in December.  This is from day 1.  

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of a great horned owl.  I focused on her face in this sketch, owls have amazing eyes...  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in December.  This is day 2.   

This is a rough sketch.

17 comments:

Christine said...

The WIP is coming along nicely. Sweet maiden and a cute owl today!

carol l mckenna said...

Oooh ~ love the owl! gorgeous art work all ~

Wishing you a fun weekend ~ ^_^

Anonymous said...

Appears that this busy month is your inspiration

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the sketches, especially the owl, and the painting is coming along nicely. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

sirkkis said...

Beautiful, enchanting maid and expressive owl.
Have a happy weekend ❤

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Christine, Carol, Martin, Valerie-Jael, and sirkkis!

DVArtist said...

Wow lots of art. I know how pretty this flower will be and how elegant the girls will be and how awesome the Owl will be. Hmmmm think I know your art? LOL Have a great weekend.

Latane Barton said...

Love your sketches... can't wait to see your oil finished. A sketch a day... I wish!!

Lisabella Russo said...

Awww, thanks so much Nicole and Latane! I appreciate your kind words very much.

Giggles said...

Very nice sketches...love the owl...can't wait to see it completed!!

Hugs Giggles

Magic Love Crow said...

Your flower painting is coming along nicely Lisa!
I love your maiden and owl sketch!!
Big Hugs!

Magic Love Crow said...

Lisa, do you spray your paintings with any varnish? Matte? Satin?

Jennifer Rose said...

nice little owl :)

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Giggles, Stacy, and Jennifer. I spray my works on paper or panel or wood with Golden Glossy Varnish, the ones on canvas I brush with a mixture of Liquitex glossy and satin.

SandeeNC said...

Lovely WIP Iris, and awesome sketches! Merry Christmas!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Sandee!

Laney said...

I love how the painting is progressing and the owl sketch is great, too!