Saturday, December 31, 2016

Sketch of a Seahorse & a Big Eye Fairy Angel, Art Sketches Daily, December 15 & 31 Sketchbook


Happy New Year's Eve!


Here is a sketch of a seahorse.  I actually sketched him initially on the 15th, but the sketch was very light, so I've gone over his lines, rescanned, and darkened it some more so he will hopefully be more visible...  It is in my tiny sketchbook that measures 3.5x5.5 inches.   I'm unsure if I'll paint him or not, but I did enjoy sketching him.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in December.  This was from day 15.   


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  Her hair is piled high upon her head, although some cascades down.  I think she is most likely a fairy angel, although she could also be a goddess or a mermaid.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.   She is in my tiny sketchbook that measures 3.5x5.5 inches. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in December.  This is day 31.  The year is drawing to a close, since February 1st I have sketched every day, it has been a practice I've really enjoyed.  

This is a sketch in colored pencils.  You may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.  I'm not really a colored pencil artist but I am exploring something new for the sketchbook.  I will be juxtaposing my usual rough sketches with the colored pencil sketches at varying intervals.  I tend to sketch very lightly, so these and my usual pencil ones are darkened a bit in photoshop for online viewing.

6 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful work, happy new year, hugs, Valerie

Jennifer Rose said...

very tiny sketchbook but you drew a very nice maiden with that size :)

Christine said...

Beautiful sketches and Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sketches. May 2017 ignite more dreams.

Magic Love Crow said...

Happy New Year Lisa!! Sending you many good wishes for 2017!!!
I love that seahorse! So cute! Wow, your maiden is gorgeous!!!!!
Big Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Valerie-Jael, Jennifer, Christine, Martin, and Stacy! Happy New Year!