Friday, December 9, 2016

WIP Gothic Big Eye Wednesday Addams Art Original Painting Work in Progress + December Sketches, Sketch 9, Cedar Waxwing Bird...



In this original work in progress WIP big eye gothic maiden painting I've come back to something I thought I had finished...  She had little spikey bangs that I painted to mask a bit of a problem with my gesso under coat.  I decided I wasn't pleased with that solution, so I went back in and sanded down the problems.  Now I've repainted her forehead and plan to do a little more shading and then I'll call her done.  Again...  I feel that as long as a painting isn't sold or committed to a show as originally shown, it's my prerogative to alter it if I think I can make a change for the better.  I'm not quite done with her yet, but I'm glad I decided to go in and make the change...

This big eyed gothic beauty is inspired by Wednesday Addams of The Addams Family on an 11"x14" canvas in acrylics.  


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:

================================================


Here is a sketch of a cedar waxwing.  I love birds, as did my grandfather and as does my mother, I think it may be a family trait...  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in December.  This is day 9.  

This is a rough sketch.

15 comments:

Christine said...

Glad you made this change otherwise you wouldn't be happy with the piece! Sweet bird sketch too!

Anonymous said...

You must be satisfied first. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. (a lesson)

Magic Love Crow said...

Good for you Lisa! Happy you changed the painting! Many of times I feel that way too. Like something just isn't write and you always feel better, after you have changed the painting! Love the bird!! Well done! Big Hugs!

Magic Love Crow said...

Write is suppose to be right! LOL!

Jennifer Rose said...

I'm all for changing work if its not right. and you are right as long as its now sold, its fair game to be changed


you should paint the bird, they are pretty birds :)

Valerie-Jael said...

I love how you alter the paintings till they are exactly as you want, and the bird sketch is beautiful. We don't have those birds over here. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Nicolas Hall said...

Awwwww, my first boyhood crush, wayyyyy back in early grade school, was Wednesday Adams. lol Guess I was never meant to be "normal". :)

Beautiful painting and I adore the waxwing sketch! My grandmother passed her love of birds to me and I feed a host of little friends every morning here. Mostly Crows,(who, if I am late with the goods, will come to the front of the studio and sit on the wire outside the windows and caw LOUDLY til I appear) Sparrows, Starlings and Mourning Doves but in summer we get a few more colorful friends like finches, stellar jays and robins. And there are a few ravens around but I can never manage to coax them into a visit. Still, I love hearing their croaking calls as they pass over : )

carol l mckenna said...

Both are very lovely and done so well ~ Received in 'light and love.'

Wishing you days of contentment ~ ^_^

Claudia W | ImagesByCW said...

I am totally with you on 'changing or altering if it doesn't seem right'. It is your art and you have to make it yours.
Hah - I knew I recognized here: Wednesday Adams, of course!

Anonymous said...

I love her expression, she's wonderful!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much for your kind words and understanding! I thought I had her all done, but not quite, not quite...

sirkkis said...

Love your maiden. She is so thoughtful and kind looking.
The bird sketch is beautiful.
Have a great upcoming week ❤

artbyjune said...

Lovely portrait of girl!

Lowcarb team member said...

Your bird sketch is lovely ...

All the best Jan

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much sirkkis, June, and Jan!