Friday, December 30, 2016

WIP Big Eye Latina Angel Fairy Art Original Painting Work in Progress + December Sketches, Sketch 30, Orchid...



In this original work in progress WIP big eye maiden painting I've been working on her features and blouse, next will come her hair...  This Latina angel fairy has a sweetness to her, I am thinking of "Dulzura" as the title of the painting.  It is sweetness in Spanish.

This big eyed beauty is on an 8"x10" canvas in acrylics.  


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:

==============================================


Here is a sketch of an orchid.  This is a popular form of this flower of many forms, and yet its beauty shines in this variation.  I'm unsure if I'll paint it or not, but I did enjoy sketching it.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in December.  This is day 30.  

This is a rough sketch. 

14 comments:

Christine said...

I like her wings and your orchid is beautiful!

carol l mckenna said...

Wow! Love the colors and she is dazzling ~ loving iris sketch too ~ love your work!

Wishing you a Happy, Healthy New Year ~ ^_^

Jennifer Rose said...

she does look very sweet in your painting, so the title really fits :)

Anonymous said...

This is really coming along. Really.
The flower is alive

sirkkis said...

She really is a sweet and enchanting angel fairy. Lovely orchid, too.
Wishing you love, joy and peace for the New Year xx

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful artwork! So very sweet! Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year! Happy PPF!

Valerie-Jael said...

What a beautiful face, she is really sweet. Great sketch, too. Happy PPF, Hugs, Valerie

Existe Sempre Um Lugar said...

Feliz ano de 2017 com a concretizaĆ§Ć£o de todos os sonhos,
AG

Neesie said...

Beautiful artwork as usual... it's always a pleasure to visit your place Lisa, I have an orchid that I often contemplate painting. So far I've only photographed it.
I wish you and yours a very Happy New Year and all the best for a creative 2017. Thank you for sharing your artwork throughout the year, helping inspire and leaving lovely positive comments on my blog :D
p.s. I haven't had time this last week to create any artwork, so I thought I'd just visit everyone instead.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you most kindly for your sweet words!

DVArtist said...

Lisa you are such an inspiration to me. I can't wait to see all the art you create for next year. Wishing you the best for 2017.

Laney said...

I love how this girl is coming together. Happy New Year!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Nicole and Laney!

Magic Love Crow said...

Your painting is looking gorgeous Lisa!! WOW!!! Stunning!
Love your flower sketch!
Big Hugs!