Sunday, December 11, 2016

Sketch of Big Eye Fairy Angel, Art Sketches Daily, December 11 Sketchbook



Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  I think she has a kindness to her gaze.  I think she is most likely a fairy angel, although she could also be a goddess or a mermaid.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.   She is in my tiny sketchbook that measures 3.5x5.5 inches.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in December.  This is day 11.

This is a sketch in colored pencils.  You may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.  I'm not really a colored pencil artist but I am exploring something new for the sketchbook.  I will be juxtaposing my usual rough sketches with the colored pencil sketches at varying intervals.  I tend to sketch very lightly, so these and my usual pencil ones are darkened a bit in photoshop for online viewing.  

I am also participating in Sunday Sketches.  To view more Sunday Sketches, please visit:
http://bluechairdiary.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Your maiden has such a wonderfully sweet expression. Have a good start in the new week, hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

I like the colour you used on your pretty maiden!

NatureFootstep said...

wish I had such eyes :)

Anonymous said...

This maiden is so real.

Unknown said...

A sketch a day in December is ambitious, so many ways to get derailed. Great work on the maiden.

Jennifer Rose said...

very pretty, simple lines work well here

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Valerie-Jael, Christine, NatureFootstep, Martin, Paula, and Jennifer! December is indeed a month that's packed, I'm definitely not managing to post daily, but I am hoping to be be able to continue to sketch daily...

Magic Love Crow said...

She is so sweet! She looks young to me!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks Stacy, she does to me too!

Alexandra MacVean said...

Wonderful big eyed maiden. She looks as if she has a lot on her mind! Good luck with your daily sketches, too! :)

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Alexandra!