Monday, December 26, 2016

WIP Big Eye Latina Angel Fairy Art Original Painting Work in Progress + December Sketches, Sketch 26, Butterfly...



In this original work in progress WIP big eye maiden painting I've been working on her warm Latina skin tone.  Next I will work on this angel fairy's blouse and her features.  She has bangs that will fall across most of her forehead, so I've just blocked that in loosely...

This big eyed beauty is on an 8"x10" canvas in acrylics.  


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

 =============================================


Here is a sketch of a butterfly.  It has paused to sup on a flower...  I'm unsure if I'll paint it or not, but I did enjoy sketching it.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in December.  This is day 26.

This is a rough sketch.

7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

I love seeing the various stages of your painting, and all the layers you build up. Lovely sketch, too. Hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Your Latina maiden is coming along nicely. Beautiful butterfly sketch too!

Jennifer Rose said...

Painting is looking good :) the butterfly on the flower would look nice painted :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely butterfly sketch ...

All the best Jan

Anonymous said...

Looking good! The butterfly on the flower...

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Valerie-Jael, Christine, Jennifer, Jan, and Martin!

Magic Love Crow said...

Gorgeous Lisa! Both the painting and the butterfly!